- Talking to Your Teens About Social Media, Parental Controls and Privacyby Sarah Werle Kimmel on July 5, 2022 at 5:07 pm
Join me for a live conversation with my own teens. Use this conversation as a jumping-off point to talk to your own children about technology.
- Productivity & Time Managementby Sarah Werle Kimmel on June 28, 2022 at 3:22 pm
This week I sit down with Erin Woodruff from the podcast “Time is On Your Side”. We talk about the best productivity apps, tips on managing your time, and discuss if those digital assistants and smart home devices are really helping us be more productive!
- Home Security System and Solutions for 2022by Sarah Werle Kimmel on June 10, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Join me and the Secure Dad as we discuss the best home security system, solutions, and setup to help you get your home secured! We will talk about the best products, and how to get started with a DIY home security system, and how to protect yourself from having your system hacked.
- iPhone vs Android Built-In Parental Controls Which One Should You Choose?by Sarah Werle Kimmel on February 26, 2022 at 9:48 pm
While it’s no secret that I am not a huge fan of Apple, I promise I have the ability to be unbiased. I go where the technology fits ME best. If the features it has fits you best, then more power to you. My goal has always been to get the right information out to
- Troomi vs Pinwheel vs Gabb – Which Cell Phone for Kids Should You Buy?by Sarah Werle Kimmel on February 17, 2022 at 8:21 pm
The age that kids are getting phones is getting younger and younger. While it’s been 9 years since I gave my 8 year old a cell phone, that statement is almost common now! Since I’ve been writing this blog for almost 13 years now, I have seen several “kids safe” smartphones come and go. The
- Family Tech Tips: Getting Started with Parental Controlsby Sarah Werle Kimmel on February 3, 2022 at 5:43 pm
If you are lost on where to get started to help protect your family, listen to this episode of Family Tech Talk to help you get a handle on it!
- Easy Ways to Record Your Family Historyby Sarah Werle Kimmel on December 16, 2021 at 6:40 pm
Let me tell you a quick little story. I LOVE my Grandpa, and I miss him dearly. I was living with him when he passed away, so it was definitely a difficult time for me. He was a prisoner of war during World War II and spent 2 years in a German prisoner of war
- How Green Messages on iPhones are Affecting Teen Mental Healthby Sarah Werle Kimmel on December 14, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Kids all over the United States are begging their parents for an iPhone, and even though Android devices are a better option for teens. Parents are giving in because their child is being left out! I get it. You don’t want your kid to be the one who is not getting invited places, or just
- Family Tech Tips: What is a VPN and why are they dangerous for my kids?by Sarah Werle Kimmel on December 7, 2021 at 8:42 pm
Introducing a new segment of the podcast… Family Tech Tips! These are short episodes that tackle a specific tech question I have been asked. If you are interested in me answering your question, feel free to hit me up on the DMs in Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. My username is FamilyTech on all three! Today’s
- Hulu adds new parental control featuresby Sarah Werle Kimmel on July 13, 2021 at 9:29 pm
Yesterday Hulu quietly released an update to their app to allow parents to set a PIN on their account to restrict kids from accessing a parent’s profile. This is great news for parents everywhere who don’t exactly want their 8 year old accidentally watching the Handmaid’s Tale! According to the help topic you can easily